Saturday, March 14, 2009

Magnolia Down Under Challenge 2


Firstly I will apologise for the photo being slightly crooked. We've had storms rolling around all afternoon and I want to get this posted before the next one arrives!
I've actually had this card finished since Wednesday night, but have been busy with a workshop, school fete and just normal everyday life with kids-I only seemed to remember to take photos of it late at night when the light was terrible!
The challenge theme for this week was….
* Getting tangled up in ribbons…. We ask that you try and use 5 ribbons - more if you are able. All in different colours or at least different shades. Once again remember they can be stamped etc. But for this one we would like to see a few actual ribbons.
Well, after a lot of thought I thought I'd use the ribbons to create a border-there's the first 3. Then the last two were for the strings of the balloons. I'm just so glad my Magnolia order had this cute Tilda stamp in it!
The Tilda image reminds me so much of my Miss Meg-especially with the gingery blonde curls! It would be a good card to keep for her birthday (which isn't until October!) I'm really looking forward to see what next week's challenge is. Think I might need to do another order of Magnolia stamps too!!!!!
Recipe:
Magnolia Tilda stamp, Pink & Purple Satin Craft Ribbon, Kindy Glitz
STAMPIN' UP! Supplies
Whisper White, Lovely Lilac, Certainly Celery & Regal Rose Card Stock
Barley Banana, Apricot Appeal, Orchid Opulence, Certainly Celery, Bashful Blue, Pixie Pink, Pink Passion Ink pads-coloured with a Blender Pen
Soft Subtle Watercolour crayons, Aqua Painter,
Pretty In Pink, Orchid, White Grosgrain Ribbon
Silver Cord
Pretties Kit, Stampin' Pastels, Sponge Dauber & Ice Rhinestones.

4 comments:

♥ Kristy Woods ♥ said...

This looks fantastic! I LOVE what you have done with the ribbons! Thanks so much for playing :)

Debbie Pamment said...

Great way to use the ribbons! Fabulous jon all around. Thanx for joining in...

Anonymous said...

Wow! That is adorable. I think yours is my fav out of all the ribbon cards.

Simone
xox

Kellie said...

Gorgeous can again Bronny. I love the effect of the ribbon on the balloons, very effective. Thanks for playing along again at MDUC.
Kellie xx