Thursday, March 19, 2009

Magnolia Down Under Challenge 3

Here is my take on Challenge #3. The challenge is….
* Must have at least one yellow ribbon.
* Has to be Tilda.
* And last of all has to have a flower.
I had to go searching for yellow ribbon in my stash-the only one I could find was a bright yellow, but lucky I remembered that I had a pack of Fairytale Ribbon Originals! This actually has white flowers on it too!
I fell in love with this gorgeous Tilda, so thought I'd use it to send my mum a special card-that way she knows how special she is! I've used watercolour paper this time and used Stampin'Up! markers to colour it in with an aqua painter. I'm really happy with the intensity of colours using this method.
The sentiment is from Stampin'Up! Stem Sayings-a really useful set. Card Stock is Certainly Celery, Bashful Blue & Lovely Lilac with Polka Dots & Paisley Designer Series Paper. I've used my pretties kit for the flowers and Ice Rhinestones for the centre.
For a card that when I started I had no idea of what I was doing, the end result is quite effective!

8 comments:

Cheryl said...

This is so sweet,I love your flowers and you have coloured Tilda beautifully!!!

Debbie Pamment said...

Such a cute card - love that Tilda and the way you've coloured her is fabulous! Great layout too.
Thanx for playin along...
xXx

Kellie said...

Oh this is just so gorgeous Bronny, love it. Your colour of Tilda is fantastic and I loved the way you have made it look like she's blown the words out. Love it! Thanks so much for playing along again at MDUC.
Kellie xx

♥ Kristy Woods ♥ said...

Wow this is gorgeous! Thanks so much for playing :)

Philippa Petty said...

What a pretty little card. I love the way you have coloured her in. Great job.

Anonymous said...

Awwww! This lil one is one of my favs. I used the same Tilda. I love your take on the chalenge.

Marcia @ Pretty Things said...

Very cute, lovely layout.

:) Marcia

Ally said...

Hey Bronny

WOW I love these stamps.. i followed the link to the challenge webiste and bought myself 2 gorgeous Tilda's..LOL

Love your work!
Ally
xxx